For a while, Anna has been a little bit afraid of the dark. At first, we were praying with her before bed for God to keep her safe and help her not to be afraid. And we were telling her that God loves her, and doesn't want her to be afraid.
At the same time, we wanted her to have good fear of things like crossing the street when a car is coming.
It seems that she has caught onto both concepts.
If we are crossing a street, and she can see a car from either direction (whether still or moving), it takes a lot of convincing to get her across the street.
And, the other day, I was talking to Joey about being afraid of dogs and such when I go running. (I go at 5am when it is really dark and cold and noone is out). She told me that I shouldn't be afraid because God will take care of me, and then a few days later brought me a picture she made for me. She said that she drew a picture of monsters, so that I would know that there are monsters in the dark, but that God will take care of me so I don't have to be afraid. I have been instructed that this picture is to go with me each time I run.
Fettucini Alfredo
13 years ago
1 comment:
Anna is one smart little girl! How lucky you are to have her. :-)
Post a Comment