Monday, October 5, 2009

The Things Kids Say

So, Anna has been praying for months now for another baby brother and another baby sister. Friday night we were talking, and I told her that they aren't in mommy's tummy yet. She said, "So how will I know when they are in there" and then "oh yeah, mommies' tummies get big when the babies are in there". Then came the big question - mommy, so how does God put the babies in the mommies' tummies. And all I could think to say is "a very special way". Her next question - "Is it a fun way???".

Saturday Anna and Joey and Will were outside putting up Halloween decorations and she got a lot of bug bites on her belly and side. This morning, she came out and said - Mom, I know what the red spots are - I have the "chicken pops" so I can't go to school. Of course I explained to her athat they weren't chicken pox, they were bug bites and she did have to go to school. She continued on with "Mom, I know what I am talking about - they are the chicken POPS". Finally, as we were getting ready to walk out the door, and she was refusing to put on her shoes because she CAN'T GO TO SCHOOL WITH THE CHICKEN POPS. I said, well that means you can't stop at McDonald's on the way to get pancakes. So, she runs upstairs to get those shoes on and then says, "Mom you were right, they are bug bites - not the chicken pops". And that was the end of our battle with the chicken pops.

By the way - We have a boy - Will had his first ER trip for an injury. Anna helped him bring the tricycle to the top of the hill of our driveway. Then, he rode it down and into the back bumper of the Yukon, hit his head on the bumper, flipped the tricycle and landed on the back of his head on the driveway. He cried for a couple of minutes, then started saying "OUTSIDE" wanting to go play again. That afternoon, he started throwing up so we took him to the ER. So glad it wasn't a bleed (like Anna had at this age) but just a concussion.

No comments: