Saturday, June 19, 2010

Andrew Benjamin

May 18th, I went to the doctor for my 34 week visit, to find out, to everyone's surprise, that I was dilated to 4cm. I went home on bedrest, to try to keep Drew in for as long as possible.
Back at 35 weeks, for another check and an ultrasound to see how big he was getting. Estimated weight of 7lb 13oz. Back home on bedrest, with induction scheduled for 36 weeks 3 days.
Back at 36+2 weeks to find out I was 5cm. Back to bedrest, to make it one more day.

On June 3rd, I arrived for my induction at 5:30. Got my epidural around 7am, and my water broken by Dr Rehberg at 7:40. Right at 3 hours later, at 10:39, Andrew Benjamin arrived. 7lb 14oz, 20 3/4 inches.
He is perfectly healthy, despite the fact that he was 3 1/2 weeks early. We all came home June 5th.
We are SOOO thankful for a healthy baby, who is feeding and gaining weight appropriately. God answers prayers and keeps His promises!!!


























Little note about the name - we decided on Andrew Benjamin just 4 days before he arrived, but what to call him is still up for debate. I like Drew, Anna is undecided between Andrew and Drew, Will calls him Andrew, and Joey calls him Ben or Benjamin. (Joey also calls Anna "Grace" and Will "Joe", by their middle names). So, I guess anything is okay - Andrew, Drew, Benjamin, Ben ;-) We had a hard enough time coming up with his official name, we won't worry about agreeing on what to call him.

No comments: